But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Watch: Did Okla. Police Go Too Far By Pepper Spraying an 84-Year Old Woman?
- LAPD Creates Program to Support Families Killed by … LAPD
- Arizona HS Student Forced to Remove Black Lives Matter Shirt
- Unique Views Podcast, Episode 8: Mathew Knowles Knows Talent
- Los Angeles Massage Therapist Charged in Alleged Sexual Assault