But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- John McCain’s Son Blasts ‘Ignorant Racists’ Mad at Old Navy Ad With Interracial Couple
- Baby Found Alive 4 Days After Building Collapse in Nairobi, Kenya
- Bye-Bye, Contested Convention: Donald Trump Wins Indiana Primary; Ted Cruz Drops Out
- 50 Cent Under Fire for Mocking Disabled Teenager Working at Airport
- Legally Blind 5th-Grader Sees Mother for 1st Time With Electronic Glasses: ‘She Was Very Pretty’