But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Empire Recap: Spilling the Tea, Slinging the Mud and Out for Blood
- Senate Panel Votes to Approve Loretta Lynch for Attorney General
- One-Third of Americans Say Obama Doesn’t Love America
- NJ College Freshman Dies During Pick-up Basketball Game
- News Anchor Receives 3-Day Suspension for Jigaboo Comments