But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- The Root TV: Whose Race Legacy Will Reign Supreme: Obama’s or Holder’s?
- 5 Things You Should Know About the US-Cuba Breakthrough
- San Diego City Staffer Allegedly ‘Wanted to Shoot’ Protesters
- Report: NC Teen’s Relationship With White, Crack-Addict Girlfriend May Have Led to Hanging
- The Least Celebrated, but Most Successful, Colleges for Graduating Low-Income Black Students