But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Va. Mom Searches for Answers in Teen Son’s Unexplained Fatal Shooting by Police
- Black World War I Hero Finally Gets Full Recognition for His Valor
- NJ Preschool Teacher Accuses School of Racial Discrimination, Retaliation
- Basketball, Out; Lacrosse, In?
- NJ Cops in Fatal Library Shooting Allege Suspect Charged at Them With Knife