But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Police Searching for Calif. Father Accused of Purposely Setting House on Fire, Killing 5-Year-Old Son
- Okla. High School Graduate With Cerebral Palsy Walks for the 1st Time to Receive His Diploma
- Old Folks May Hate the Way Young People Use Slang, but Who Are They to Talk?
- Cosby Admits to Drug Fillled Sexual Encounters With Teens in Deposition
- People Weren’t Happy With Minnesota’s ‘Beyoncé Day’