But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- He Wants to Go to a House Party on a 1st Date? Just Say No
- The Beyhive’s Hysteria Over News of a Possible Beyoncé and Jay Z Album
- Cher Sued: Choreographer Claims Singer Made Racist Remarks
- What I Learned From Writing Race Manners
- Jesse Jackson Chides the NFL for Hiring an All-White Team of Domestic Violence Advisers