But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Video Showing 7-Eleven Employees Refusing to Sell Chips to a Black Child Until a White Woman Steps in Goes Viral
- Now the NAACP and Family Lawyers Are Looking Into Lennon Lacy’s Hanging Death
- LGBTQ Benefits: What Are Your Rights?
- ‘Dee’ from What’s Happening Reveals Cancer Diagnosis and Smithsonian Honor
- Black Woman Behind Wasabi-Ginger Potato Chips Takes Home Grand Prize