But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Jeb Bush and Ben Carson Only 2 of 16 GOP Candidates to Speak at Urban League Conference
- Baltimore Killings Soar to 43-Year High in July With 45 Homicides
- Bobby Brown and Cissy Houston Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Wake Separately
- Drake vs. Meek Mill: It’s Not Even Close
- Former University of Cincinnati Police Officer Ray Tensing Posts Bond, Demands His Job Back