But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Parents of Michael Brown to Attend Eric Garner Rally
- Macy’s Settles Racial Profiling Probe With New York State for $650,000
- Brutal Treatment of Black and Brown Youths Reflects Disregard for Their Lives
- Watch: David Letterman and Serena Williams Break a Deli Window
- Watch: Michael Brown Graduated From High School Days Before Shooting