But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Republicans Are Playing a Game of Jenga With Health Care Reform
- La. Mom Says She’s Done Having Kids After Giving Birth to 14-Pound Son
- Fla. Teen Accused of Masquerading as Doctor Indicted in Separate Va. Fraud Case
- Sen. Chuck Schumer Will Oppose Jeff Sessions’ Nomination for Attorney General
- Spy Chief Tries to Make Peace With Trump Over Russian Dossier