But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Columnist Fired After He Calls Michael Brown an Animal That Had to Be Put Down
- Scandal Recap: 10 Life Lessons
- Check Out Some of the Best Halloween Costumes on Social Media
- Judge Rejects Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams Request to Throw Out “Blurred Lines” Lawsuit
- Chef Carla Hall Uses Kickstarter To Open Restaurant