But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- We Don’t Take Violence Against Black Women Seriously—So Why Should the NFL?
- Kendrick Johnson’s Parents Sue Georgia School Board for Wrongful Death
- 2 Armed Older Men Rob Chicago Clinic of Viagra
- Pastor Running for Congress Gets Strip Club’s Endorsement
- 5 Things You Should Know About the New Ebola Crisis