But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Chicago Schools Chief Steps Aside Amid Federal Probe of $20,000,000 Contract
- NJ Deli Owner Claims Backlash Over ‘White History Month’ Sign Has Hurt Business
- Watch: St. Louis Cops Fatally Shoot Man Armed With a Knife After Standoff
- R&B Singer Johnny Kemp Dead at 55
- US Official: Extradition of Assata Shakur From Cuba to States Still Up for Discussion