But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Erica Garner Slams Clinton Campaign Over WikiLeaks Emails About Using Her Father’s Death
- The Top 5 Panic-Inducing Moments of This Week’s How to Get Away With Murder
- Unique Views Podcast, Episode 16: A Beige Brotherhood ft. Christopher ‘Kid’ Reid
- Nick Young Helps Lakers Win Season Opener, Then Rushes to Hospital for Baby’s Birth
- Report: More Than 100 Militarized Police Raid #NoDAPL Resistance Camp