But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Trevor Noah Faces Backlash Over Old Tweets Some Deem ‘Anti-Semitic’ and ‘Sexist’
- ‘Anti-Semitic’ Tweets or No, Comedy Central Will Stand by Trevor Noah
- President Obama Commutes Sentences of 22 Convicted of Drug Crimes
- Ebola Crisis in Sierra Leone Reportedly Spiked Teen Pregnancies and Rapes
- ‘No Nig–rs’ Graffitied in Conn. College Bathroom