But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Were My Black Texan Ancestors Actually Mexican?
- Empire Recap: He Kissed a Girl and He Liked It
- 4 Reasons You Can Fix Your Own Damn Plate on Thanksgiving
- Former Student Sues Officials for Allegedly Ignoring Teacher’s History of Preying on Students
- Lawyer of Chicago Cop who Killed Laquan McDonald: Video is 2-Dimensional, Not Always Clear