But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- President Obama Announces Financial Boost for My Brother’s Keeper
- Richard Pryor Jr. Threatens Legal Action Against Stepmother
- Michigan Jail Switches Prison Jumpsuits after Success of OITNB
- Report: Sherri Shepherd’s Estranged Husband Will Sue if She Doesn’t Step Up to Motherhood
- Report: Va. Dad Leaves Twin Babies Alone in Car and Is Caught Having Sex 30 Feet Away