But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B Rocks the Boat With Mediocre Talent and Controversy
- Beyond Ellis Island Records: How Do I Find Immigrant Forebears?
- People Complain that Woman on Paula Deen’s Website is Mammy’ish
- Marchers Protesting Michael Brown Shooting Block Atlanta Highway
- Georgia Man Texts Probation Officer About Getting Weed