But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Federal Court Invalidates 2 NC Districts For Racial Gerrymandering
- Solange Loses Her Wedding Ring on Mardi Gras Float
- It’s All About The Benjamins, Baby: Jealous Endorses Sanders While Crump Backs Clinton
- ‘All the Awards Are Going to White People’: Why Black Award Shows Are Necessary
- Police Kill Unarmed Black Man in Texas; Say They Mistook Cellphone for Gun