But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- How Dare Malia Obama Be a #CarefreeBlackGirl and Miss Hillary Clinton at the DNC?!
- My Boyfriend Refused to Wish Me a Happy Birthday
- Kidz Bop Is the Best Hustle Ever
- 6 Mich. State Employees Facing Criminal Charges in Flint Water Crisis
- So, Who’s With Her? Clinton May Have Made History, but It’s Just the Beginning