But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- Rapper Kevin Gates Charged With Battery After Concert Attendee Is Kicked in the Chest
- Texas Teen Posing With Gun in Selfies Accidentally Shoots, Kills Himself
- Hunger Games’ Amandla Stenberg Creates Black Woman Warrior Comic Book
- Watch: T-Pain Knock ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ Out of Dodger Stadium
- Media Is Being Accused of Perpetuating Anti-Police Attitudes