But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- 3 Black Adoptees on Racial Identity After Growing Up in White Homes
- US Marshals Kill Ohio Narcotics Suspect on Most Wanted List
- Marshawn Lynch at Super Bowl Media Day: ‘I’m Here So I Won’t Get Fined’
- Rashida Jones To Reporter: ‘I’m Ethnic’
- NY Times’ Charles Blow ‘Fuming’ After Son Stopped at Gunpoint by Yale Cops