But, on reflection, the new era of TV has done away with the perfect hero, and shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men and more have altered the nature of the protagonist. Being Mary Jane deepens that pit, unafraid to portray its lead as emotionally lost, irrationally bitter, downright unlikable. What is she, exactly? Why do we identify with her? Can Mary Jane, portrayed by Gabrielle Union, even be considered a hero when everything she does wreaks havoc on everyone around her?
News from BlackAmericans.com
- White America Must Heal Itself: 2016 Is 1965 and 1984
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture Opens, Housing ‘Sacred’ Objects
- 5 Killed in Wash. Mall Shooting, Gunman Still at Large
- Hillary Clinton Calls for Public Release of #KeithLamontScott Shooting Video
- Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves Announces His Retirement